Once I had filmed all the shots for my film, I uploaded all the footage to my hard drive and then imported into Adobe Premiere Pro on my laptop. I attempted to piece the footage together through Premiere, however, this proved to be quite difficult because the footage needed to be rendered quite often and my laptop didn’t run quick enough for me to work on the edit comfortably.
This image above shows that I managed to get around 40 seconds of the edit done before I decided that I would much rather prefer to use Avid and edit my film. The layout that I had on premiere pro was useful, however for a quicker process I would much rather use Juri’s editing skills and also Avid Media Composer.
I tried to use effects to just have a play around with the edit to try and find my comfort zone with what I was capable of achieving myself because I haven’t edited a project in 1 year. Again, this proved to be difficult using video effects on my laptop as the program ran too slow for the amount of time I have on the project.
This is a colour correction preset that I created for the opening sequence of my film, I decided that it would be beneficial for me to put a rough preset together for how I want the film to look after the editing and sound has been completed. I like this colour because of its really cold atmosphere and it also helps for the story and the action to appear more distinct and dangerous. I want to bring out the colder and darker colours with the shadows and contrasts in the light and dark corners of the opening scene, and I will use DaVinci Resolve to achieve this.